Challenge Info...

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Freebie Friday: Worm on a hook

Hello Scribblers!! So sorry about the delay in this weeks post. Aunt Sylvia admitted herself to hospital and didn't let the paramedic call us so when we went to go deliver her weekly food shop no one was at home so it was all a bit panicky last night. But she fine they are running tests and hopefully she be home again after the weekend.

But today is a day for scribbles and I have an amazing image to share with you today when I saw this from Sandy I knew just what I wanted to do with this image, so here is a worm on a hook.



First off I printed of the image on to some scrap paper and then I got my light box and traced this onto watercolour paper.


I love how versatile you can be with digital images. I traced the image first with a pencil and then went over this with a art pen that is fade and water resistant and then rubbed out the pencil.  If you do get any art pens and in tend on using them for water colours it's always good to check before you start anything to make sure just how resistant they are. Now to the watercolours!!


I don't actually have a set of watercolour paints but I do have the Tim Holtz Distress Markers which are amazing for watercolour effect cards and there some people out there that I am immensely jealous of how they use them!


But I don't think I did a bad job. I was very happy when I finished the card with how my little worm turned out. The sentiment is actually a stamp form a Studio Calico kit from a few months ago. Finally I mounted the whole thing on to a card base.


I am so happy with how this turned out and I was going to put a few fish stamps on the background but I think that Mr Worm makes a big enough statement. I hope that you guys have a great weekend and I shall see you all again soon. Don't forget that there is still time to join in Challenge #21 Counting Sheep.

Stay Crafty people!!

Sam

4 comments:

  1. Marvelous - I LUV this :-D
    Hope Aunt Sylvia recovers soon xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Sam! Love how you showed us your process..... Please give Auntie Sylvia a hug from us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. We'd love to hear what you think!

EU members: Pursuant to the GDPR, please note that by leaving a comment on the Scribbles Designs Challenge blog, you agree that your name & comment are visible to all blog visitors (exactly as it has always been) and therefore consent to the use of your personal info for that specific purpose. Should you not wish this info be visible, you can always click the drop box next to where it says 'Comment as', scroll down & choose the 'anonymous' selection. Thank you.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin