Challenge Info...

Saturday, September 16, 2023

The times they are a changing...A message from Sandy & Lisa

Typically, yesterday we would have published our newest challenge. That obviously did not happen. Things are about to change here in a big way; so, please read on for further information...

A Message from Sandy...
I have been drawing images since I was knee high to a grasshopper as I remember my Mom's words. I know my first drawing was stick people with hair and Dad with pants and Mom with a skirt. Ten years ago I had an idea to create a store and challenge blog with my fun quirky drawings; especially hoping to share my characters with others in hopes they would have fun creating.
 
It has been an incredible ten years. During that time we have had a lot of fun and made many friends. Team members have come and gone but none of them will ever be forgotten. Those individuals, along with all the players we have had over the years, have all helped to make Scribbles Designs a venture that I will NEVER FORGET.

However, like all things in life, it is time for one chapter to end and a new chapter to begin. Boyd and I are winding down our work careers and we're looking at what our retirement will look like. We are drawn to move to Vancouver Island for temperate weather and closer to the Pacific Ocean. Personally, I plan on expanding my dog training, competition and judging journey. I intend to keep my creativity flourishing with drawing and watercolour painting.


Now a word from Lisa...
As a result of all of this, Scribbles Designs will be transitioning. It won't be disappearing exactly but there will be significant changes. First of all, our Aug./Sept. challenge was the final challenge we will have this year. The gallery will remain open (you can find it HERE) for anyone who'd like to link up a creation with any Scribbles Designs image you may have in your collection. I will also be back in the next week or two to publish the winner announcement for our final challenge and wrap up anything else that needs taking care of. All winners for anything related to our birthday celebration, will have until November 14th to write in and collect their prize. Other than that (and possibly me popping in once in a while to say hello), the challenge blog will remain inactive for the remainder of this year.
 
In 2024 we hope to be back. However, it will be in a limited capacity under the Scribbles banner. The gallery will remain open, the occasional freebie will be offered, and we'll do our best to provide some inspiration for you, our readers. This may go on for some time.
 
If and when the blog and store are relaunched, they will be under a new name and a new owner. Sandy, in her infinite generosity, has gifted the entire Scribbles Designs collection to me. Sandy made this announcement to me in June of 2022 and I am STILL in awe, flabbergasted, and so incredibly grateful for this amazing gift.
 
It is obviously my goal to reopen but due to financial constraints, I just don't know when that will happen. I have done a significant amount of research during the past year and there are a LOT of moving parts to organizing and managing an online digital business. More significantly, there is a lot of start up money that is required as well--money, that on a fixed income, is difficult to spare for allocation to a new business. From having to purchase legal documents and monthly insurance costs to having to pay for a storefront (or its equivalent), it all adds up. My fondest hope is that somehow, someway, some day, I will be able to live out the dream. I just don't know how long it will take to come to fruition.

For anyone in need of their Scribbles Designs image fix, the store will remain open under its current iteration for the time being. If the unforeseeable happens and I am unable to reopen under new branding, the store will ultimately be shut down BUT that isn't something to worry about just yet.

In the new year, I'll post about my progress so you all know what is happening. I'm also interested in getting feedback from our readers on a few different matters, so I'll also be posting a few surveys or quick polls to get your opinions on things. You never know when I might just show up with a fun activity for you to play along with as well.


From both Sandy and Lisa...
Finally, we both want to say THANK YOU to all of our supporters who have stood by us; though 'thank you' doesn't seem to cover all the gratitude we have in our hearts. Without all of YOU, there wouldn't have been an US
 
First off, thank you to all the incredibly talented ladies who have taken time to be part of our team. Whether you were with us many years ago or are still with us now, we are so very honoured for the role you have played here at Scribbles Designs.
 
Next, thank you to all the people who have stumbled across our challenge blog since 2013. Whether you entered our challenge once or became a regular, you are a part of our history. Without your dedication and devotion, we never would have made it 10 years! Thank you for the moments, the laughter, the love. Thank you for the memories. Thank you for everything.
 
This last decade has been one that we will never forget. We have many memories to cherish and look forward to making more, albeit under a new brand and in a new way. For now, it has come time to say farewell. As we do so, we are comforted in knowing that we will hopefully see all of you again in the future. This is not goodbye, but simply a see you later.
 
Sincerely,
Sandy and Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Sandy, best wishes on your upcoming retired life! I want to thank you, Lisa and the Design Team(s) for everything. And best wishes to Lisa on figuring out how to proceed. Lastly, THANKS for keeping the Customer Gallery open! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you well with whatever comes next for you and the team. We at Challenges for Days have always listed your challenges - should you recommence them then do please let us know and we'll add them back to our listing

    Kathyk
    List Manager at Challenges For Days
    CFDinfo12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Sandy for everything! I really enjoyed my time on the team and have also loved playing along in the challenges!! Thanks Lisa, for all that you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A huge thanks and hugs to Sandy for all the wonderful designs she has brought into our craft rooms! Of course, hugs and thanks to Lisa for keeping our team organized and sharing her many talents! You are both such amazing women and it has been a pleasure creating alongside you! On to the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... I can only imagine how hard it was to write this post. Thanks for sharing the update with us. My prayers are with both of you (and your families) as you work through next steps. Sandy, enjoy moving into retirement. It sounds like you have a wonderful plan. And Lisa, we'll be here when (or if) you are able to open the business under your own branding, vision, etc. I once owned a stamp store, and totally understand that it is exciting... but it also involves so much work (for set up, and ongoing behind the scenes.) Take care of yourselves. Your mental and physical health is so very important... as is your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just catching up with this news now. I am sure this was not an easy decision, but I am happy for Sandy as she excitedly moves into retirement. It's time to enjoy life, and it looks like you and hubby have some wonderful plans ahead! I would also like to wish Lisa all the best with whatever you decide to do with the shop! Fun times ahead! I haven't been blogging much this year and have only been popping in now and then. I sadly missed many of the birthday celebrations but enjoyed the ones I was able to take part in. I will miss Scribbles Designs, but am happy that I have so many images in my collection that I can continue to colour and enjoy. Thank you so much for all of the freebies and wins I've had over the years! Your challenges and celebrations were a lot of fun, and your generosity has been amazing! Thank you so much for everything, and I wish you both the best of everything! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not good to see the blog shutting down for now, but the reasons I think are great. Sandy thank you for creating all the wonderful images over the years, enjoy your well deserved retirement.
    Lisa thank you for being the driving force on this blog for such a long time. Congratulations with your inheritance (it's always better to get this before someone dies) and good luck figuring out everything for the webshop. I am sure you will make it a success with Sandy's images and your papers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. We'd love to hear what you think!

EU members: Pursuant to the GDPR, please note that by leaving a comment on the Scribbles Designs Challenge blog, you agree that your name & comment are visible to all blog visitors (exactly as it has always been) and therefore consent to the use of your personal info for that specific purpose. Should you not wish this info be visible, you can always click the drop box next to where it says 'Comment as', scroll down & choose the 'anonymous' selection. Thank you.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin